New website coming soon.....We appreciate your patience pending launch and polishing things up!
1. File Types and Resolution. Acceptable files are tiff, jpeg, pdf, psd, or png formats. Available print sizes are determined by the resolution of your print file set by parameters within the Uploader Tool. 300dpi native resolution is preferred. Save jpeg files at maximum level quality; do not compress jpeg files. Minimum accepted resolution is 180dpi at the size of the print desired. Tiff files at 360dpi are ideal. The color space should be sRGB or Adobe98. ProPhoto is acceptable. Maximum file size using the Uploader Tool is 50MB. Files larger than 50MB may be sent using the Special Order/High Res File Upload Form located on the Uploader page or by Hightail, Dropbox or similar services.
2. Instagram. Instagram files are acceptable for print! Sync your phone with your computer and upload the full image file to Carmel Fine Art Printing & Reproduction. Print size and quality depends on the quality of your camera phone.
3. Small or Low Resolution Files. Small or lower resolution files are limited to smaller print sizes. Larger print sizes will not be available in your shopping cart. For help with printing from smaller digital files, the studio has exceptional software that may permit surprisingly good quality prints. Contact the studio for assistance in sending an evaluation file.
4. Digital Print Files Must Be Ready-to-Print. Your digital file will be printed as uploaded. The quality of your digital file, including editing, retouching, cropping, etc. will determine the quality of final output. Contact the studio if you require assistance. Mirrored edges for canvas gallery wraps will be prepared for you.
5. Premium B&W K7 Piezography Print Files. For this specialized B&W process, it is best to start with the highest resolution digital camera file possible or high resolution scan of your negative or transparency film (drum scans of film are preferred).
From a raw camera file, develop the image file into a 16 bit full resolution Tiff file in the Adobe98 color space. You may convert the file into B&W in any manner you please (no color tones). We prefer using Capture One Pro 8 and Nik's Silver Efex 2. From Photoshop, flatten layers. While in the Adobe98 color space, convert your file into a single channel grayscale, 16 bit Tiff file. Gamma 2.2 You may crop to the correct format, but do not re-size, re-sample, or interpolate the file. High resolution jpegs will work, however full resolution, uninterpolated 16 bit tiff files are greatly preferred for maximum quality.
Use the Special Order K7 B&W High Res File Upload Form found on the Upload to Print page to send the full resolution file by Dropbox to Carmel Fine Art Printing & Reproduction. You may alternatively use free services such as Hightail or Dropbox to send large files. Contact the studio with directions on print sizing, B&W media selection, quantity, and matte or MPS gloss selections.
6. Digitizing Artwork and Photographic Copy work. The studio utilizes a Phase One IQ3 100MP medium format digital back (100 megapixels) and medium format cameras from Phase One and Cambo to provide exceptionally high quality print files for your artwork or restoration. Generally photographic copywork is completed in studio, however working on location is also an alternative. Contact the studio to set up an appointment. (831) 626-1844
7. Digital Post-Processing and Archiving. Processing of RAW digital files and basic editing and retouching of digital files is available. Contact the studio for more information. All print files are archived on the studio's computer systems for security and easy re-ordering. Your files remain secure and are never released to third parties without prior consent.
This is only visible to you because you are logged in and are authorized to manage this website. This message is not visible to other website visitors.
Click on any Image to continue
Use this form to create an account.
Below, select which favorite lists you would like to save this product into.